Kaumātua Korero: – It’s been decided that Kaumātua kōrero will be included in the monthly editions of Te Tukāiaia newsletter.
- Kawa: – Uncle Charlie’s tangi was held at Kawa marae during the month, warm acknowledgements to ahi kaa, Loma and Jeffery Cleave for their tautoko during this time.
- Matapouri: – Things have been relatively quiet at the marae during the month
- Motairehe: – Dark skies are attracting interest and tourist to Aotea.
- Ngaiotonga: – Our marae acknowledges Gary Reti for cleaning out all the marae water tanks in Whangaruru. Ngaiotonga has experienced water issues of late and is interested to know if the Board is able to provide further support in this area.
- Ngunguru: – The marae will be hosting a school from Rarotonga this weekend.
- Oakura: – The marae has been busy with bookings, and is also applying for funding to continue upgrades.
- Otetao: – The marae received 2 allocations of funding which we are using for marae refurbishments.
- Omaha: – The marae committee has a meeting this weekend.
- Pataua: –
- Tuparehuia: – Our marae committee will be meeting in the next couple of weeks to schedule a date for the AGM, we will also hold a Special General Meeting to elect new Trustees. We also continue to receive bookings.
- Whananaki: – The marae acknowledges the Trust Board for supporting our Matariki Festival fundraiser, it was a beautiful evening. Our marae committee will be meeting next week, the first maintenance issues to address is the water and ablutions.
- The Trust Board will be involved in the interior repaint of Oceans.
Trustee Budget Workshop:
- A Trustee budget workshop was held during the month on 14th July 2017. The workshop was held to provide Trustees with clarity regarding the Board’s financials.