- Database Proposal: – The Database proposal is still a conversation and work in progress.
- Working Policies: – Trustees discussed that they will continue to review the current draft working policies and NTB Charter. It was also agreed that the Sponsorship Policy will be reviewed by next month’s Trustee meeting.
- Ngātiwai Tourism: – Dave Bamford gave a brief update report on his research regarding Tourism for Ngātiwai. He had the opportunity to meet with some of the grass-roots Tourism Operators and Managers within Ngātiwai such as Wayne Johnstone from the Bland Bay Campground, Craig Walker from Oceans Resort, Tutukaka and Pamela Armstrong.
Dave sees the Poor Knights as one of the Ngātiwai icons and encouraged that stories about it should be told through Ngātiwai eyes.
Successful tourism includes elements of collaboration, courage and leadership. Dave’s final draft report on tourism for Ngātiwai will be completed by April 2018 which he will complete a presentation back to the Trust Board.
- Refining NZ: – After much debate and deliberation the Board voted and it was decided that a mitigation offer from the Refining NZ would be accepted.
- Te Manawhakahono Amendment RMA: – The Board agreed to the CEO pursuing a relationship with local Councils under the Te Manawhakahono Amendment of the RMA.